Group Archives

Group Archives

search

This bank was established in 1805 by deed of co-partnership between William Golding, James Browne, Nathaniel Hall, Richard Lashmar and Thomas West. The business was taken over by Barclay, Bevan, Tritton, Ransom, Bouverie and Co in 1894.

Material available at Group Archives:

  • letter book 1864-88
  • customer account ledgers 1805-33
  • signature books 1869 onwards
  • balance sheets 1891-92
  • notice regarding the theft of notes 1812
  • examples of cheques
  • bank notes
  • amalgamation papers