Group Archives

Group Archives

search

The Woodbridge Bank was founded in 1797 as Brooke, Riches and Collett. Brooke left the partnership in 1801, and in 1805 Riches and Collett took in a partner from Alexanders of Ipswich who had also opened a branch in Woodbridge. The bank functioned separately from Alexanders until Collett withdrew in 1826. Thereafter, the title of Alexanders and Company continued to include the title Woodbridge Bank to 1896, when it became part of Barclay and Co Ltd.

Material available at Group Archives: examples of bank notes and cheques.