Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Also known as Lynn Regis and Lincolnshire Bank, the Lynn Bank was opened as a separate branch of Gurney and Co in 1782 and is another of the partnerships with a Quaker heritage. Joseph Taylor, who had already formed a relationship with the Gurneys, was one of the first partners, together with John Birkbeck and the partners in the Norwich firm. Offices were opened at Swaffham in 1807 and Downham Market in 1810.

Material available at Group Archives:

  • partnership agreement 1866
  • the first customer ledger 1782-87
  • examples of cheques, bills of exchange, bank notes and registers