Group Archives

Group Archives

search

This bank was opened in 1828 by James Giles as sole partner, in response to requests from the citizens of Rochford. Giles had previously worked as manager for the Rochford Hundred and Billericay Bank before it was taken over. In 1853 Giles and Co was taken over by Sparrow, Tufnell and Co.

Material available at Group Archives: brief records survive from the 1840s.