Group Archives

Group Archives

search

The South Cornwall Bank was founded on 2 May 1864. The bank was created because the existing local bank had offended a number of leading men in the district, namely Edward Willyams, William West and Edward Treffry. The partners built on their business connections, in particular with the burgeoning china clay and stone industries. The inclusion of Edward Treffry's son, Charles, led to the new title of Willyams, Treffry and Co, until 1890 when the business was acquired by Bolitho, Williams, Foster, Coode, Grylls and Co Ltd.

No records of this bank have come to Group Archives.