Group Archives

Group Archives

search

The West Cornwall Bank emerged from a partnership between John Michael Williams and Henry Grylls. Williams had severed his ties with the Cornish Bank in Truro and become the owner of the Redruth branch. In 1877 the partnership was dissolved; J M Williams retained the Redruth branch along with the title of the West Cornwall Bank. The Falmouth branch continued under Michael and George Williams (John's brothers) and Henry and William Grylls. On the death of Mrs J M Williams in 1884, the two branches joined again under the title of the West Cornwall Bank. In 1890, the firm of Williams, Williams and Grylls was absorbed by Bolitho, Williams, Foster, Coode, Grylls and Co Ltd.

Material available in Group Archives: examples of cheques.