Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Also known as the Windsor Bank, the firm was established in 1780 by the partnership of Ramsbottom and Baverstock, brewers and owners of Henry Isherwood's brewery. In 1837 another local brewer called Nevile, Reid and Co bought out Ramsbottom and Baverstock and the bank traded thereafter as Nevile, Reid and Co. In 1843, it was acquired by partners in the London firm of Williams, Deacon and Co, who also owned a brewery in Windsor. Subsequent partners came from the Williams or Deacon families until 1914 when Barclay and Co Ltd acquired the business.

No records of this bank have come to Group Archives.