Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Birmingham District and Counties Bank was the name adopted in 1889 when the long-established Birmingham, Dudley and District Banking Co merged with the Wolverhampton and Staffordshire Banking Co. The bank went on to acquire the Midland Counties Bank (1904) and Wakefield and Barnsley Union Bank (1906). Following the acquisition of Bradford Old Bank in 1907, the title was changed to United Counties Bank Ltd to reflect its wider representation. For the subsequent history of this company, see United Counties Bank Ltd.

Material available at Group Archives:

  • board minutes
  • annual reports and accounts
  • accounting ledgers
  • staff salary lists
  • amalgamation papers
  • profit and loss papers
  • shareholders' minutes registers
  • branch records