Group Archives

Group Archives

search

The firm was established as Nottingham and District Bank in 1889 with nominal capital of £600,000 in £30 shares. The business grew with offices at Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Loughborough, Ilkeston, Coventry, Peterborough and Rugby, and by 1904, there were 29 branches. In an effort to broaden the appeal of the bank the board changed the company name to Midland Counties District Bank in 1896. The future of the Bank was determined at an extraordinary meeting of the shareholders in 1904 when it was agreed to sell the business to the Birmingham District and Counties Bank.

Material available at Group Archives: board minutes; annual reports and accounts.