Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Birmingham, Dudley and District Banking Co was the name adopted when the long-established Birmingham Town and District Bank absorbed the Dudley and West Bromwich Banking Company in 1874. On 1 January 1881, the bank became a limited company and in the same year absorbed the Midland Banking Co. In 1889 the bank became known as the Birmingham District and Counties Banking Co after its amalgamation with the Wolverhampton and Staffordshire Banking Co, which brought in important business from the branch at Wolverhampton's Queen Square.

Material available at Group Archives:

  • board minutes
  • annual reports and accounts
  • shareholders' minutes
  • officers' rules
  • staff register