Group Archives

Group Archives

search

This bank only existed from 1 January 1918, when the London and Provincial Bank and the London and South Western Bank amalgamated under this title, until 2 October 1918, when it merged with Barclays Bank Ltd. This was the largest acquisition by Barclays since its incorporation in 1896, giving it a major presence throughout the greater London area, as well as in Wales.

For records available at Group Archives, see under the bank's previous names.