Group Archives

Group Archives

search

This bank was established in 1802 as Oakes, Fincham and Company. Also known as the Diss Bank, it worked closely with Oakes and Co of Bury St Edmunds. In 1856 it separated from the Oakes connection and became known as Fincham and Simpson. In 1871, the bank got into difficulty and was taken over by the London and Provincial Bank.

No records of this bank have come to Group Archives.