Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Believed to be an old established firm of private bankers established by E L Montagu, who subsequently went to London and established the banking house of Messrs Samuel, Montagu and Co in 1853, Yates and Co was a one branch bank at 45 Castle Street, Liverpool. In July 1904, they were taken over by the Union Bank of Manchester, and became the latter's first branch in Liverpool.

Material available in the Group Archives: banking apprenticeship indenture, 1890; photographs of Edward and Adelaide Yates.