Group Archives

Group Archives

search

This specialist bank was established to serve the cattle markets of Salford, Liverpool and Wakefield, by E Reed and Sons, dealers in imported cattle. In 1911, a branch was established at Birkenhead, which was by then the principal port of entry for Irish cattle. The Birkenhead branch was purchased by the newly formed Cattle Trade Market in which Charles H Reed, a partner in Reed and Sons participated. This business was purchased by the Bank of Liverpool and Martins in 1923 and the remaining business of Reed and Sons was purchased in 1924.

Material available at Group Archives: amalgamation papers.