Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Halifax Equitable Bank was set up by the Halifax Equitable Building Society in 1899 in order to invest deposits accumulated by the building society, and commenced business on 1 January 1900. In 1913, the word 'Halifax' was dropped from the company's name, and in 1927, it was taken over by the Bank of Liverpool and Martins.

Material available at Group Archives: shareholders' registers; advertising brochure 1925; amalgamation papers.