Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Founded in 1869 as Preson Adelphi Loan, Discount and Deposit Co Ltd, the bank struggled to make a profit, branches were closed and it was reconstructed in 1878 as Union Bank of Preston Ltd. Another reconstruction followed a write-down of capital in 1882, the company being renamed again as Preston Union Bank. As such, a period of profitability ensued, and in 1894 it amalgamated with the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank.

Material available at Group Archives:

  • memorandum and articles
  • board minutes
  • annual reports and accounts
  • shareholders' minutes
  • amalgamation papers