Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Lewis's Bank was established in 1928 as a department of Lewis's Ltd, a leading department store chain whose head office was in Liverpool. The bank was managed separately from 1934 and opened branches at several of the main stores and at Selfridges in London. In 1958 the bank was acquired by Martins, but was sold again to Lloyds in 1967.

Material available in Group Archives: examples of cheques.