Group Archives

Group Archives

search

This private country bank was founded in 1860 by Alexander Davidson, formerly manager of the Carlisle City and District Bank. His partners were his wife's brother Thomas Gladstone (second cousin of W E Gladstone), and his wife's brother-in-law Ivie Mackie. The bank was based in Devonshire Street, Carlisle. In 1881, on the death of the managing partner, Alexander Davidson's son, the business was sold for £6,000 to the Carlisle and Cumberland Bank.

No records of this bank have come to Group Archives.