Group Archives

Group Archives

search

This bank was opened by John Brodrick Dale in May 1858. Dale had been manager in South Shields for the Northumberland and Durham District Bank and after its failure was urged by his friends to open a bank in his own name. He was joined by J H Miller in October of that year and on Miller's death in 1866, by James Young and C H Green. In 1883 the head office moved to Newcastle. In 1892 it amalgamated with the North Eastern Banking Co.

Material available at Group Archives: oil portrait of J B Dale.