Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Established in 1807 as Bradley and Co, the name Vallance first appeared in 1825. In 1867 Henry Payne came into the partnership. In 1888, he approached Martins who opened a branch at Sittingbourne, to which Payne brought most of Vallance and Payne's customers. In the same year Vallance sold the rest of the business to the London and County Bank, which was later absorbed by the Westminster Bank.

No records of this bank have come to Group Archives.