Group Archives

Group Archives

search

In 1920, the Anglo-Egyptian Bank, which had been founded in Alexandria in 1864, was acquired by Barclays, bringing representation in Egypt, Palestine, Sudan, Malta and Gibraltar. In 1925, the Anglo-Egyptian Bank and the National Bank of South Africa were combined with the Colonial Bank, after Barclays obtained an Act of Parliament to re-incorporate the Colonial as Barclays Bank (Dominion, Colonial and Overseas).

Material available at Group Archives:

  • memorandum and articles
  • board minutes
  • shareholders' minutes
  • bad debts registers
  • branch statistics
  • letter-books (chairman and secretary)
  • staff provident fund records 1906 onwards