Group Archives

Group Archives

search

A subsidiary of Barclays Bank Ltd, in 1925 an office was opened in Rome to serve English and American tourists.The following year a branch was opened in Genoa, but it was unsuccessful and was closed in 1937. The English staff were withdrawn when war broke out in 1940 and when they came back found the bank to be in difficulties. In 1950 the bank was sold to Banca Commerciale Italiana.

Material available at Group Archives:

  • board minutes
  • advances books
  • shareholders' minutes and register
  • inspection reports
  • staff files