Group Archives

Group Archives

search

Barclays' representation in Trinidad and Tobago goes back to the Colonial Bank in 1837. Barclays Bank of Trinidad and Tobago was incorporated locally on 1 April 1972 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank International but from 1977 shares were sold locally. In 1981 the name was changed to Republic Bank Ltd to reflect the change to local ownership, and in 1989 Barclays sold its remaining holding.

Material available at Group Archives: localisation papers; annual reports and accounts; pre-1972 material classed as Barclays International, where material relating to the Bank's operations post-1971 also available.