Group Archives

Group Archives

search

The National Bank of South Africa opened a branch at Mombasa in 1916 and by 1926 there were branches at Nairobi and Eldoret. In 1978 the business was incorporated locally as Barclays Bank of Kenya, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank International. 30% of the shares were offered to the public in 1986.

Material available at Group Archives: pre-1978 material classed as Barclays International.