Group Archives

Group Archives

search

A small local society formed in 1902, with its registered office located in various public halls until 1929. Its bankers were Capital and Counties Bank until 1920, then London Joint City and Midland Bank Ltd (renamed Midland Bank in 1923), until absorption by the Woolwich Equitable Building Society on 27 April 1943. Like many small societies, it experienced financial pressure under war conditions, having to meet large increases in income tax and make substantial payments by way of war damage contributions on mortgaged property.

Material available at Group Archives:

  • board minutes 1915 onwards
  • society rules
  • register of members
  • schedule of deeds and advances
  • annual reports and accounts
  • general ledger
  • loan account book with bankers loan repayments book
  • transfer of engagements