The first Jersey branch was opened in 1921 in St Helier. During World War Two, when the island was under occupation, the gold from this branch was moved to the UK for safekeeping on the last boat off the island. In 1948, Barclays Bank Executor and Trustee Company (Channel Islands) Ltd was registered, and in 1951, Martins Bank Ltd (which became part of Barclays in 1969) opened a branch at Halkett Place, joined in 1964 by another branch at Gorey. In this period, Barclays also expanded its branch network on the island, opening a sub-branch at Saint Brelade in 1961, and a branch in Georgetown in 1968. In 1966, Barclays Export Finance Company Limited Jersey was registered, and incorporated three years later in 1969. In the following year, Barclaytrust Channel Islands was formed, joined in 1972 by Barclaytrust International Ltd, and in 1973 by Barclays Unicorn International (Channel Islands) Ltd. A private banking branch was opened in 1993, whilst two branches closed in 1999: St John (which opened in 1983) and Georgetown. Restructuring in 2003 saw International Banking combine businesses across Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man into one entity, Barclays Private Clients International, and in 2005, this subsidiary became a part of the new Wealth Management division of Barclays. A full liquidity management and investment service was launched by Barclays Wealth in 2007. In 2010, Barclays Wealth in Jersey achieved accreditation to the State of Jersey's Eco-Active business register, which assists businesses in managing their environmental impact.
All information correct as of August 2015.