Barclays' presence on the Isle of Man can be traced back to 1882, when the Manx Bank was founded, establishing a head office on Victoria Street with branches at Castletown, Ramsey and Peel as well as a sub-branch at Port Erin. The Manx Bank merged with the Mercantile Bank of Lancashire in 1900, which in turn merged with the Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank in 1904. The Lancashire and Yorkshire Bank then merged with the Bank of Liverpool and Martins in 1928, forming Martins Bank Ltd, which then merged with Barclays in 1969. Barclays also opened a branch on the island, at 30 Victoria Street, Douglas, in 1922. In 1924, Barclays was granted a licence to issue £10,000 of notes on the island, a licence that was held until 1961. In 1970, Barclays Bank Trust Company established a subsidiary company on the island, Barclaytrust Isle of Man. Following this, in 1973, three subsidiary companies were formed on the Isle of Man: Unicorn Worldwide Trust, Unicorn Isle of Man Trust and Barclays Finance Company (Isle of Man). By 1979, Barclays operated six branches, located at Douglas, Ramsey, Peel, Castletown, Onchan and Port Erin. Restructuring in 2003 saw International Banking combine businesses across Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man into one entity, Barclays Private Clients International, and in 2005, this subsidiary became a part of the new Wealth Management division of Barclays. In 2006, Barclays was the second largest employer on the Isle after local government, with some 850 staff. Following this, in 2007, Intermediates and Corporates launched Liquidity Management and Investment Services on the island.
All information is correct as of August 2015.